Guest Blog!

Shalom!

Today we had the pleasure of a guest in our class, Dov. Yes, he really is a human, not a bear! And, he appreciated the honey that you sent in for him! He wanted to conduct one of his favourite science experiments with the class and here are his thoughts on how the day went:

Hi, I’m Dov, a high school student. Today was Take Your Kid to Work day at my school, so I came to help out. I had a great time in the JK classroom today, playing with your kids. At the end of the day, I ran an experiment with the class. The experiment is a volcano eruption, made using baking soda, vinegar, dish soap and food coloring for fun. Beforehand we built the volcano out of Lego surrounding an empty bottle. In the class we prepared the experiment, starting with the baking soda. We put the baking soda in the bottle, then took a spare pitcher and added the vinegar, soap and food coloring to make a light orange. The kids predicted that it would be a fast but small eruption. We went outside and I poured the contents of the pitcher into the bottle. It quickly erupted into a large pile of bubbly light pink lava. It was so much fun to do and I can’t wait to come back next time I have an off day. 

One thought on “Guest Blog!

1. Oh my!! A guest blogger …. how exciting!

JK you were so lucky to have Dov spend the day with you. It looks like the experiment was a huge success and a lot of fun!