Shalom JK families!
We had such a lovely time yesterday with all of our special visitors yesterday morning for generations day, we hope they come back and visit soon!
We have a busy schedule over the next two weeks so here are some important dates and reminders:
- In honour of Shavuot, OJCS is compiling a recipe book. JK is responsible for desserts so please send in/email your family’s most favourite dairy or pareve desserts! Cite your source if it’s from a website or cookbook!
- Friday, May 19: Dress down day! JK has decided to have a PJ day, so wear your cozy pjs, bring a stuffy (as long as it fits in your backpack), and some friends even want to wear their slippers as indoor shoes!
- Monday, May 22: NO SCHOOL Victoria Day
- Thursday, May 25: DAIRY DAY in honour of Shavuot we are having an assembly with a special dairy treat! We are also collecting donations of food items for the Ottawa Kosher Food Bank. Please see flyer below for more details.
- Friday, May 26: NO SCHOOL Shavuot
Please remember to send your child dressed appropriately for the weather, which includes a light jacket or sweatshirt, rain gear if needed, a sun hat, and please consider applying sunscreen in the morning. You can also send in sunscreen for your child to reapply before we go out later in the day.